Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's Official, Xavier is Potty Trained!

Last weekend, Xavier decided he didn't want to wear a diaper anymore.  Saturday and Sunday we "practiced" wearing underwear around the house, and Monday we went to the store so he could pick out his very own underwear.  He hasn't looked back.  Monday and Tuesday there were quite a few accidents as Xavier learned what it feels like when "pee pee wants to sneak out".  By Thursday, he was accident free and doing #2 in the potty!  The last two mornings he's even woken up with a dry diaper.  I am sure the success of his easy transition from diapers to underwear is partly due to being the second child and being motivated to be like his big brother, but also has a lot to do with his personality.  Whatever the reason, I can't believe he's potty trained - I love it!  And, if anyone needs to some size 5 Seventh Generations diapers, I have five unopened packs in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment