Monday, December 13, 2010

Sleep

Just a quick bed update... Xavier loves his new bed. I have never seen a little boy so proud and protective of his bed. He often yells, "No, Huntah, dis is my bed!" He is also very good about going to sleep. We read our books and I tuck him and he goes to sleep without getting out of his bed. The last thing he says to me is, "don't get out of bed." It's pretty cute. The bad part is Xavier's little body clock wakes him up at 4:30am and he will not go back to sleep! When he does wake up, he doesn't cry or yell for me, he will quietly look at books and play in his room for the first hour. Around 5:30 he starts to get a little restless, and will usually poop. The other morning he yelled, "I need a diapers change", and a minute later said, "I do it mommy." That got me out of bed fast! I am hoping the novelty wares off soon and Xavier will figure out how to go back to sleep when he wakes up in the four o'clock hour. Even though I am not going into his room, I am still listening on the baby monitor and not able to fall back asleep, and it's completely messing up his nap schedule. As of now, all I really want for Christmas is a little more sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment