Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Potty Training
Hunter has been potty trained since September (a prerequisite for preschool). There is an occasional accident these days, but for the most part, Hunter has mastered the potty. He stills sleeps in a pull-up, which I have been told is developmentally appropriate until age 6, and he prefers to sit versus stand when it comes to peeing, but generally speaking he is potty trained. Hunter is even able to pull his pants up and down on his own. I had been feeling relatively pleased at how easily we went through the potty training process, but today reminded me we aren't quite finished. During Hunter's "quite time", which is the hour he plays in room in the afternoon if he is not going to nap, there was an "accident". Hunter actually played really well on his own today, without shouting for me and telling me he was finished. When the timer went off, and I went to retrieve Hunter from his room, he said, proudly, "I peed in a fire hat." Sure enough, in his fire hat, was little puddle of pee, but on the bright side, not only did his mishap make an entertaining story, but I also think he peed standing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too funny. That Hunter, he's always providing very funny stories.
ReplyDelete